This is the start of something good. I officially declare that Fridays will be dedicated to photos of my favorite things that happen during the week. You see, when Pierre and I found out we were having a baby we decided to buy a good camera so we could document each second of our baby’s life. I was really excited because I could use the camera for my blog photos, too!
WELL.. that hardly happened and I end up showing you crappy shots from my phone. I think this exciting change will force me to use our ridiculously expensive camera and keep me blogging :). SO – here we go!
1. I’ve been thinking that Riley and Eva will be best of friends. They seem to be getting along really well so far. I’ve felt pretty guilty since Eva was born because I haven’t had as much time to spend with Riley. Shes such a sweet girl. I made sure to give her extra snuggles today.
2. I started journaling this week. Really, it’s just like ranting on paper. But I like being able to get my thoughts on paper. As a kid I used to love getting new school supplies at the end of summer. I secretly wish I could buy school supplies now. Something about opening up fresh packs of paper, notebooks and pens just feels right. Remember how good it feels to put a new pen to a fresh notebook? That’s the feeling I get when I journal in the mornings. I don’t know – I’m strange, OK?
3. My mom sent me this marriage retreat audio set to listen to. The cover and the name are BEYOND cheesy but the messages are so good! The husband and wife take turns speaking and they really hit some great key points on how to build a healthy marriage and relationship.
4. I started making Eva’s foods! I’ve made her bananas (her favorite!), sweet potatoes, carrots, apples and peaches. Next we’re going to pears! I never thought about making my own baby food until my sister-in-law started doing it for her kids a while back. I thought it was so wonderful that I knew I would do it for my kids one day. I just steam and puree the fruit or vegetable with my Kalorik Baby Food Maker, freeze it in ice cube trays and then transfer it to a freezer bag. Pierre’s aunt gifted us the food maker and I love it! It’s super easy to use and clean.
5. I’m obsessed with gourmet chocolate lately. Who wouldn’t be? This is just ONE of the many bars I’ve bought in the recent weeks. I found this one in the natural section of my grocery store. OH, but if you have a World Market nearby you should go! I absolutely can not leave that store without a bar of chocolate. Nope.
6. Even though it’s not the fall/winter and these are spices for a warm and cozy night in, I can’t stop using them. Together. I’m head-over-heels for them. I use them on everything. I’m sorry if you are sick of seeing them in my recipes, there’s no telling when I’ll stop using them. Probably never.
I hope you had a wonderful week and cooked something beautiful! SMILE – it’s Friday :).