I have been sick since last Thursday and finally yesterday I began feeling better. My schedule has been so off that I had no clue what day it was any day this week, if that makes sense. I doubted myself like 4 times before finally sitting down to write this post. Is it Thursday? NO, it’s Wednesday.. maybe. No, no, definitely Thursday. Oh yeah, it’s Tuesday. Welcome to my week.
1. I can’t tell you how happy I was yesterday morning when I let Riley out and saw this. We haven’t seen the sun in days. Don’t get me wrong, I love the fall and really enjoy cloudy, rainy days, but almost 2 weeks without sun is pretty horrific. The clouds came out shortly after this and it did rain most of the morning but I still got to see a beautiful sunrise.
2. This might be my new favorite wine. Well, maybe. Barefoot Moscato is still a fav because it’s like drinking sugar but this is pretty fabulous. Some nights a girl just needs wine.
3. Most of you know by now that I’m a made the switch to a vegetarian diet. This means my beloved burrito bowl had some changes this week. One thing you will never find on this blog is a recipe that uses bell peppers. I loath them. I know those are pretty harsh words but that’s just how I feel about them. Ew. I’ve tried to like bell peppers my entire life but I just can’t do it. While at Chipotle this week I decided to give the veggie burrito bowl a chance. I almost told the guy making my bowl to just pick out all the peppers and only give me grilled onions but there were a ton of impatient people behind me in line so I didn’t. Anyway, I ate some of them and they were actually palatable. Do not confuse this for me confessing that I like peppers or anything, but I’ll keep trying. I texted this photo to Pierre and he fell out of his chair at work. Not really, but he was shocked. I know my family freaked out when they saw this, too, they use to sneak peppers into my food all the time, claiming that I’d never know, and I always picked them out. End rant.
4. Starbucks seriously makes the most delicious stuff, like really. Everyone needs to get into their cars right now, drive to the nearest Starbucks and buy a salted caramel cake pop. I want to eat these all day every day.
5. So apparently there is this condition called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It basically means you start to go bananas without sunlight. Please see #1. Sometimes I think I may have a very mild case because I feel like never getting out of bed during the winter. Yet another reason I can’t wait to move back to Florida one day. Riley will demonstrate how to properly execute SAD.
7. My little girl lights up my world. She is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever done and she brings so much joy to my life I feel like bursting with love every time I look at her. This is one of her 7 month photos. They started our great but…
Ended like this. Is it me or is she still super adorable even when she cries?
Have a wonderful weekend! I’m off to attempt a successful vegetarian arepa. Venezuelans everywhere are cringing.