These are amazing. I know I say that a lot, but really, these are amazing. They look just like regular meatballs, right? These are anything but ordinary.
I was in the market for a new easy, go to meal and I got it. Eva popped these back like they were candy. Well, not really because I broke them up for her, but in theory. You catch my drift. I had a pretty happy husband, too.
Black Bean Taco ‘Meatballs’
serves 4, about 16 ‘meatballs’
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup onion or 2 scallions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Small tortilla wraps
Any taco/burrito toppings you like!
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor except for the oli and breadcrumbs. Turn on the processor and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until everything is mixed together. You may have to stop the processor and scrap the sides down a few times. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the breadcrumbs and stir everything together until it’s all combined. Roll about 1 tablespoon of the mixture with your hands to make 1″ balls. Lay them on a baking sheet lined with foil and cooking spray or a light coating of oil.
- You could made this recipe with ground beef/chicken/turkey
- These will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months if tightly sealed
- These make a wonderful salad topping or lettuce wrap filler
- You can play with the spices and make this your own flavor
- Simply omit the cheese to make these vegan
- These will last up to 6 months in the freezer if tightly stored