Good afternoon! I hope your day was off to a good start. Mine started with a ‘Battle of Wills’ with my 2 year old who is convinced she’s turning 16 soon. HC has been out of town this week and WE CAN’T WAIT for his later today.
1. My little, tiny babies are about a minute away from full-blown crawling. Also, they’re actually noticing each other now. Before they could care less if the other was around but now they find each other and smile. I can’t wait to see them grow up together. Technically, they are just siblings like any other but they were born at the same time but it’s still cool :). This is them fighting over a burp cloth, I foresee a lot of “I had it first!” in my future.
2. Mr. Hotcakes ran a Tough Mudder last Saturday! He finished and I am so proud of him! Even though I wasn’t there, I was freaking out the whole time hoping he wouldn’t break something on the course. Because he had to leave early on Saturday morning we didn’t have a Pancake Saturday but we did have a Pancake Friday Night, which is almost just as good!
While he was getting dirty I went to a Mom to Mom sale and found a lot of great things for the kids, all this stuff for under $100!
3. I was having a rough day yesterday. We had a lot going on and I always feel ‘off’ when HC is out of town. I texted my cousin, who is basically my second sister, to tell her I was in a funk and she told me to go check the mail. My first thought was that she was telling me to get some fresh air. BUT when I got there I found a beautiful card from her with a Starbucks gift card! She lives in Florida so we’re lucky if we see each other once a year. It lifted my spirits and the fresh air really helped, too!
4. Eva is currently completely in love with the sun and the moon and the stars. Every morning when she wakes up she says, “Mommy, the sun is out!” with so much joy. She asks me about the sun when it sets and about the moon and stars when the sun is out. My response is always that they are sleeping. Which then prompts her to respond with, “SHHH! The sun/moon and stars are sleeping!!”. I love this child. 4. Thank you, fortune cookie writer.
5. Sunday I chopped my hair off, over 8 inches. I haven’t weighed myself in the last few weeks but I’m positive that I’m at least 5 pounds lighter. I hadn’t even had a trim in over a year and a half so it was time for a cut. I probably won’t cut it for another year. Enjoy the rest of your day, it’s almost FRIDAY!