My brain works today, awesome!
1. Let’s start with some of the things we’ve eaten in the last week. I’m not really sure what to call this one, it’s kind of a cross between a taco and a quesadilla but I can tell you that it’s 100% delicious. Cheesy, warm, comforting and makes for a super quick dinner when you’re in a pinch. Would you like the recipe?
2. If you haven’t bought Jessica’s new cookbook I only have 1 question for you: why not? The recipes that I’ve tried so far are all delicious and it’s just so well-written. She dives into stories from her childhood and her passion for food. I’ve never met her but her book makes me feel like I know her in real life (creepy?). Anyway, after you buy it you can make this jalapeño and pineapple pizza with bourbon vanilla barbecue sauce. Uh, yeah, it’s amazing. We added plain roasted chicken but it really didn’t need it.
3. Oh! Oh! Here’s another easy lunch/dinner. Roast a plain chicken breast, slice it and toss it with pesto (store bought or homemade), add to a BLT on toast with a little more pesto on the bread. Done. These were HUGE.
4. The day I made these dream bars I ran 5 miles. FIVE! For the first time in my life, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was definitely a challenge and I was going at a nice slow pace, it took me almost one hour to get there. I stopped a time or two to have a drink of water but for the most part I kept going. It was such a mind game, too. I kept telling myself that my body was a machine and it could keep going. It was HARD but I did it. And tomorrow I’m going for another five miles. Possibly followed by another sweet recipe.
5. We’ve been working on potty training Eva for about a month now and she’s doing great. She’s had the occasional accident here and there but of course that’s expected. It hasn’t been as terrible as I feared it would be. We’ve just had her in a diaper when she naps/sleeps and when we go out. Last weekend we took the plunge and took her out without a diaper for the first time for a short time. This is her before we left the house, she was so excited! She did great and no accidents while we were out!
6. Last week sometime, when we were leaving for the gym, I noticed landscapers around our neighborhood digging holes everywhere and I had no clue what they were doing. When we got back I noticed these beauties! This tree in particular is smack dab in front of our door so it’s the first thing I see when I step outside. Talk about a beautiful color. The color in the photo doesn’t do it justice, it’s so much more bright and almost has a pink tinge to it. Simply amazing. God’s creativity genuinely astounds me on a daily basis.